Southern Horizons (UK) Ltd provides research and consultancy services to public, private and social purpose organisations across the UK. Using a suite of qualitative and quantitative research methods and a client centred approach, Southern Horizons produces tailored solutions to inform policy and decision making.
Our core research tools include:
- Primary research – gathering first-hand information through surveys, interviews, focus groups and observations
- Secondary analysis – interpreting and drawing intelligence from official statistics, previously published reports, literature and policy documents
Prior to setting up her own company our Director, Dr Rebekah Southern was a Senior Manager at Plymouth University, most latterly with responsibility for new business development, where she identified and secured funding for a range of strategic and corporate projects. She held a wide ranging portfolio from knowledge transfer to commercialisation and was responsible for the university’s European funding support team. Before this Rebekah was the co-founder and first Director of SERIO, a successful commercially funded research centre, based at Plymouth University, in which she designed and project managed numerous externally funded research and consultancy projects through to successful completion. Rebekah was also retained as a consultant for employee and customer engagement specialists, Youbecome Ltd, for a number of years where she helped businesses to succeed and grow.
Rebekah is an effective project manager with an extensive track record in delivering solutions that are commercially focused yet academically rigorous. Running her own business since July 2012, she continues to bid for and deliver a wide range of projects for a variety of clients, as well as supporting organisations with their own strategy and funding applications.
- Developing Skills for Business
- ERDF Summative Assessments
- Longitudinal Evaluation
- Birmingham City University
- Dartmoor and Exmoor National Parks
- Devon County Council
- Employment and Skills Plan Refresh
- Community Economic Plan
- Housing Development Skills Training Plan
- Evidence Base Development
- Critical Friend Support
- Stakeholder Consultation
Name of company
Southern Horizons (UK) Ltd
c/o Blackwell Bate,122 Fore St, Saltash PL12 6JW
Company no. 08098961
VAT no. GB 136 9958 59